Las Vegas Buttocks - Ask Dr. Garcia Library - Page 1
NOTICE: Las Vegas Buttocks: Ask Dr. Garcia is intended for educational and discussion purposes only. It does not constitute a formal medical evaluation nor consultation. No doctor-patient relationship has been formalized by this communication. If you desire such, please feel free to call and schedule an appointment. Otherwise, please be advised that all information that has been given here should be cleared with your primary care physician before changing or instituting any therapy. Explanation of off-label use of substances may be discussed here in but does not reflect an endorsement nor promotion of such off-label use. All responses regarding Las Vegas Buttocks are done personally by Julio Garcia.
- Is there anything to do about the hard balls where the PMMA collects into a smaller area causing unnatural bulges? For instance, is there any kind of injection which can help dissolve these balls without leaving an indentation in buttocks?
Answer: The only option is to cut them out and that can leave depressions where they were. There are no injections to dissolve PMMA. JG 3.15.13
- When you say PMMA can be permanent but the shape of the material may change with time, do you mean the shape of the butt may change with time as in the butt might go flat? Or one buttock might shrink smaller in size than the other one? How maybe years does it take for the shape of material to change. And will it always happen in time?
Answer: no, it will likely not go flat but rather you can develop had balls where the PMMA collects into a smaller area causing unnatural bulges.It will happen in time especially in buttocks due to the large amounts injected. JG 3.15.13
- Despite whether you agree with PMMA injections in buttocks or not, can the results disappear years later or will they be permanent?
Answer: It can be permanent but the shape of the material may change with time. JG 3.14.13
- Is there any way to remove blue veins that moved up to surface on buttocks? I am not referring to purple spider veins or varicose veins. The veins are flat blue veins. Can some type of laser remove them s they are not visible at the surface? Or could those spider vein injections (although not spider veins) work better?
Answer: The spider vein injections or a VBeam laser might work. JG 12.24.12
- hi dr garcia, i have a small spot on my lower back that is a mildly ulcerated due to packing and covering up for a week from the surgeon. what should i do to speed up the healing process? also i have terrible hyperpigmentation with white stretch marks on my hips buttocks area its patchy rough and uneven in tone..do u recommend retina n hydroquinone or some type of chemical peel or lasers to treat this
Answer: I am not sure the Retin-A, hydroquinone or the chemical peels will help white stretch marks at all. As to the ulceration,hard to say without seeing you, but I might suggest neosporin and then keep it covered with a large bandage to it does not rub on your clothing. JG 9.25.12
- How long do fat injections last in the face? Also, how long do fat injections last in the butt and breasts?
Answer: some say for ever, but in many cases it is about 1-2 years, the greater the amount grafted in one setting, the less time it survives. The length of survival in the buttocks and breast are being followed at present but in many patients it is all gone within 2 years. JG 6.28.12
- Dear Dr. Garcia, in addition to exfoliation, might salicylic acid pads (the kind used to treat acne) be good for keratosis pilaris on the backs of thighs and buttocks? Any other treatment suggestions? Thank you!
Answer: Yes. They might help. JG 6.2.12
- I got hydrogel (hialucorp 3000) injections in the buttocks but it seems that my body rejected it or I`m allergic to it. Red lump flare ups are occurring. Medrol makes it go away but just for 2 weeks n I have to take it again. Now I`m seeking removal or dissolve method n replace with fat. What do u recommend and through what dr? I`m a Florida local
Answer: you will need to call around and see what plastic surgeon is willing to take your case on as I do not have anyone that I know that would be willing to accept you after going elsewhere for your surgery. I will say that it will not be easy to remove the material, if it is true hyaluronic acid, then injections of hyaluronidase should help. JG 5.14.12
- Hello dr gacia, i was unforturnately very nieve when i got free silicon injected into my buttocks. It was done out the country 2 months ago . Now i have painful lumps . One that was surgically removed. I have found a doctor who says they can remove via laser lipo. Its this something that can be done.
Answer: I seriously doubt It will work. It will make you lose fat and likely little to no effect on the silicone. Sorry. JG 4.21.12
- Hi Dr. Garcia, I used retin-a and hydroquinone and had a series of 6 PCA peels at the medi spa. Though I am happy with the lightening of my melasma, the process was a real pain in the buttocks. Next time I need a melasma tune up, could I get the same results by pre-treating with HQ and tretinoin and having just 1 or 2 TCA peels from a plastic surgeon like yourself?
Answer: yes, that is certainly a possibility. Best of luck. JG 4.19.12
- are sculptra injections to the butt to add fullness dangerous if injected by a doctor or licenced professional?i realize it is not approved for this area of the body but is it safe regardless and what kind of complications can come from this?
Answer: not dangerous, but as the buttocks will need quite a large amount of filling, it can be expensive. Done properly it should be safe. JG 3.30.12
- hey dr garcia, i had a sliding genioplasty after 2 chin implants that failed..i had scarring (scar tissue). how safe are steroid shots in the chin after things have healed? also random ques, with dimpleplasty being so popular now i heard that some doctors also do venus dimples lower back dimples above buttocks on either side of the spine. would you perform this procedure? im having a hard time finding surgeons that have done this so far ive only come across two..
Answer: in small volumes, and in diluted amounts, the steroid shots are safe. As to the dimpleplasty on the upper buttock, no, I do not perform it, I feel it is unreliable and will likely not last long. JG 3.2.12
- Good evening, Dr. Garcia. One year post-op from a butt lift and the scar is absolutely terrible -- wide, red and railroad tracked. It`s also too high. My surgeon doesn`t want to lower it because it will require him to dissect the skin off my mid-back, but can the scar at least be excised and made thinner, if not lowered? Of course back scars are never the best, but this is truly terrible. He`s a great surgeon; I just got unlucky. He told me the scar would take its final form at one year, but now that we`re at that one-year mark, he`s telling me it will take another two or three years. Is this accurate? I fear he just doesn`t want to revise it. Should I find another surgeon? Thank you for your advice.
Answer: there has to be some laxity or looseness of the surrounding skin in order to revise the scar and make it thinner, so either the back skin needs to be lifted or the buttocks undermined again and lift up further. If you have concerns, seeking a second opinion might be a good idea. It might be something that cannot be revised at the present time and you will need to wait until there is enough loose skin to make it worthwhile to attempt a revision. JG 11.4.11
- Can the butt implant and breast implant surgeries be combined and done at the same time. Is it safe to do so? How safe are the solid silicone implants used for the butt augmentation? Compared to the cohesive silicone gel?
Answer: Buttocks and breast implant can be performed at the same time. The buttocks implants are placed below or within the muscle and the solid nature of them is not as soft as a breast implant but it is not hard, it is quite similar to the cohesive gel implants that are still not released for use in the US. I think solid implants are as safe if not safer than gel implants as they cannot leak. JG 12.2.11
- Hi Dr. Garcia, Nearly 9 weeks ago I had an inner thigh lift and buttocks lift. This was done because I had lipo dissolve several years ago that destroyed the banana under my buttocks and skin with poor elasticity due to fluctuating weight during adolesence. I am pleased with the results except I am noticing one buttocks hangs an inch lower than the other. The incision is smaller and stops about 4 inches closer to the groin than the other. As a result, my cheeks look uneven and the droopier side has a few rolls . It is very noticeable in pants. I want to discuss it with my doctor and consider a redo in that area. Could the appearance possibly change in months to come? Is there a reason why one incision goes close to the outer thigh and the other stops underneath? If I believe it is poor work and not poor healing how can I approach a redo? Thank you in advance for your feedback.
Answer: I do not think what you are describing will likely get better and a revision is likely. I think waiting a few months to let it all soften up is best though. As to why that happens, it can be because the sutures placed into the deep tissue did not hold, or your skin is of poorer quality on that side and does not hold up as well. I think most surgeons want their patients to be happy and an open discussion about what you feel is the ebst. JG 10.3.11
- Do you have much experience with liposuction on the banana roll? I have a butt below my butt. I consulted with a ps and was told it must be done conservatively as is is a support for the buttocks, is there a way to make this area look better? I can email pics for a better evaluation.
Answer: well, yes, I will say that a true banana roll will be easily treated with liposuction but can lead to a buttock that looks even more saggy afterwards. As to a banana roll supporting the buttock, no, that is not the case, but if the transition from buttock to posterior thigh is not smooth, the buttock looks saggy. It is for that reason that you see almost all bathing suit models hike up their buttock when showing their bottoms. Most women have lost the prominence of the upper buttock from dieting and not working the muscles there enough, leading to a flat upper buttock, and that is where the support comes from. If you have it done, it has to be just a small amount. Best of luck. JG 3.2.11
- I have four questions for you, Dr. Garcia. 1)How long should a scar mature (on the lower back from a buttocks lift) before a tattoo can be placed over it? I`ve never had a tattoo, but the scar is, obviously, permanent so I`m thinking that a little art (like a small vine) on top of it might make it slightly less ugly. 2)In general, do you find that tattoos on such scars take well? Alternatively, in your experience, do these scars tend to fade so much over time that a tattoo isn`t necessary -- though, of course, no tattoo is necessary? 3)If you`ve had patients who`ve chosen to get tattoos over lower torso scars, have they generally ended up being pleased with their decision or have they more often regretted it? 4Not that I would get a tattoo with the intention of having it removed, but if I do elect to get one, should I only choose blue or black ink, since reds and yellows are difficult to remove by laser? Thank you for your insight on this weird topic, Dr. Garcia. (Weird for me, anyway!)
Answer: I would wait at least 6-8 weeks for the scar to heal before contemplating a tattoo. The ink does take well, but it might have to be touched up a little more often than normal tattoos as the scar tissue can be a little resistant in holding the ink, not a big problem though. A scar might get better over a 12 month period, but that area will always have a scar and scars in that area are rarely hairline thin scars. I have not had a patient that got a tattoo over a scar that regretted it. Dark blue or black are the easiest colors to remove with a laser down the road, so if possible, those colors would be what I might suggest. Best of luck. JG 11.29.10
- Is a butt lift a riskfree procedure, when removing part of the skin, is the scar very visible ? Does it fade easily or does it produce unsightly scars. Can fat be used to fill up the butt, or implants, what are the risks. Could carboxytherapy provide good results for sagging butt or upper leggs. Thanks for answer.
Answer: fat injections are unreliable at best and will last maybe a couple of years at best and the implants available for buttocks in the US are not that great. Carboxytherapy is a waste of money no matter where it is used. JG 9.1310
- I never noticed cellulite on my bittocks until after I had liposuction. That is where the canula or whatever you call it was used on my buttocks. Is it possible the liposuction thinned out my skin. It is just starnge I have it where I had liposuction. I had liposuction in my late 20s. I noticed cellulite sometime after that. But never had it before the procedure. Also, what is best treatment for cellulite. Are there any supplements that help with it?
Answer: in some cases removing fat will make the ksin looser and allow the cellulite to be seen more readily, but the liposuction did not do something to the skin to cause the cellulite to form. No supplements that will help, as to what works, VelaSmooth and endermologie work, but only as long as you are having treatments, once you stop it comes back. JG 8.26.10
- Hello dr I had surgery a little over a week for lipo on my abdomin,flanks and back and fat transfer to the buttocks and since then I notice that all of my vagina is turning really purple is extremely brused up and I didn`t even had lipo their I am a really sensetive person I bruse really easily but i don`t why is my vagina supper brused?
Answer: swelling from the liposuction of the abdomen can cause swelling and bruising of the vagianl area, especially if wearing a compressive garment that pushes the fluid down there, it will all go away in time and leave no evidence it ever happened. JG 8.22.10
- If you have liposuction for saddlebages, can mistakes happen where you lose fat or get indentations on buttocks?
Answer: it can if the cannula is used in that area, also as the skin shrinks, it might sag causing some deformities, the older one is and the larger the amount of fat removed the greater the risk of it occuring. JG 6.4.10
- Hi Doctor! I was perusing the answers to questions on fillers and noticed someone brought up the issue of the Argentinian model who died after a procedure where a filler was injected to her buttocks. When the news spread, it was said that it was due to the PMMA. For work reasons (research for a dermatologist), I had to do a follow up of the case and the autopsy revealed, if I recall it right, that she died of pulmonary embolism and that the substance that was injected was not PMMA but probably liquid silicone. The autopsy revealed an oily substance that was not PMMA and it is believed was liquid silicone. The news that it was PMMA spread because she was *told* by the doctor that in her clinic PMMA was used, as it is quite used in Brazil already for that purpose, even though its use in large amounts causes controversy. But in Brazil it is put with a cannula, to avoid getting into blood vessels. The model instead had two injection points in the glutes. Anyway, I did not find the full results of the autopsy and further studies were needed to make sure of what substance was injected and to be certain of the cause of the pulmonary embolism. It was clear, anyway, since the info of that first autopsy was released that it was not PMMA that was injected, though, and that it was a case of mala praxis and not an accident as the family was told at first and believed at first (I think now it has resulted in a lawsuit, but not sure). Hugs
Answer: well, I have not seen the autopsy report either, the pulmonary embolism can happen due to the position the patient was in, just from her only blood not flowing. This is especially a higher risk in paients on oral contraceptives and those that smoke. Injections into a vein can be missed at times and any filler, PMMA, silicone, or any other filler, if injected in a large enough amount into a vein can migrate to the lungs and have the same exact effect as a pulmonary embolism. Fat injection have also been found to potentially cause embolisms that can result in the same problem. JG 5.5.10
- How many weeks into pregnancy does fat usually start to appear (more in buttocks, etc.) when you are pregnant?
Answer: it varies, not set time. JG 3.28.10
- 1--------does every patient with breast implants need atleast few surgeries after the initial one? 2----does each patient have a capsular problem atleast few times? 3------- does breast implant and butt implant have the same risks?------ thnxxxxx
Answer: the chances of repeat surgery on the breast after breast implant surgery is 20-24%. Once the patient gets a capsular contracture, recurrance rates are about 50% after it is treated the first time and they go higher after that. Buttocks implants have much higher risks and complication rates. JG 3.14.10
- Dr. Garcia, Regarding that Beauty Queen that died after getting a Buttocks Agumentation. It was said, it could lead to a pulmonary embolism — a blood clot or other substance blocking the main artery in the lungs. Can that happen with Breast Agumentation? I had my breast done already and been under twice in my life. Do I have to worry about this for future surgeries in the breast? is there some way to prevent this..scares me
Answer: possible, yes, but very very rare. There ae many precautions that can be taken to prevent a blood clot and that dimishes the risk sizable, not sure if they were used for Miss Argentina.JG 12.5.09
- Abdomen (Abdominoplasty)
- Arm (Brachioplasty)
- BOTOX Cosmetic
- Breast (Mammoplasty)
- Buttocks (Gluteoplasty)
- Ear (Otoplasty)
- Eye (Blepharoplasty)
- Face Lift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facial Implants
- Laser Resurfacing
- Nose (Rhinoplasty)
- Skin Care