Las Vegas Prevelle - Ask Dr. Garcia Library - Page 1
NOTICE: Las Vegas Prevelle: Ask Dr. Garcia is intended for educational and discussion purposes only. It does not constitute a formal medical evaluation nor consultation. No doctor-patient relationship has been formalized by this communication. If you desire such, please feel free to call and schedule an appointment. Otherwise, please be advised that all information that has been given here should be cleared with your primary care physician before changing or instituting any therapy. Explanation of off-label use of substances may be discussed here in but does not reflect an endorsement nor promotion of such off-label use. All responses regarding Las Vegas Prevelle are done personally by Julio Garcia.
- What are your thoughts on using fillers on Upper Lip Lines? What Filler would be the best to use? Can the fillers be used vertical on the lines? Thanks
Answer: My choice is Prevelle or Belotero.I use them for the vertical lip lines. JG 3.18.13
- Hey dr Garcia! I got some prevelle lip fillers and some juvederm as well.why does the filler end up in small balls towards the insides of the bottom lip. I was watching my doc fill my bottom lip in the mirror he was injecting it in the middle part of the lip but the material was clumping in a diff spot. Why does that happen? Is it cuz there`s too much filler being injected and it travels upward?
Answer: the entry point of the needle is not where the filer goes as the pressure on the syringes pushes it to the tip of the needle which is likely a ways away from the puncture site. The clumping most commonly is form too much filler deposited in one area and with massage it usually will go down. I wish you the best. JG 3.11.13
- Hi Doctor. For filling the tear trough area, is Restylane a better product than Juvederm, because Restylane is more cohesive and tends to stay where it is placed. Whereas Juvederm tends to diffuse in the tissue, thus Juvederm, when placed in the tear trough area, can drift readily to the top of the cheek. Would you agree with that? What is the Restylane product equivalent to Juvederm Refine? For the cheek area, is there a Restylane product equivalent to Juvederm Voluma? In general would you agree that doctors can mold the face better with Restyane because it is more cohesive than Juvederm?
Answer: I prefer Restylane for that area myself. I think it is more of feel that drift though, the Juvederm really cannot drift but it is stiffer and in that area, what you are trying to replace is firm and not soft, so I use Restylane. I do not think Restylane has anything like Juvederm Refine, in that case I uses Belotero or Prevelle. For the cheeks, Perlane is as close as Restylane can get to Voluma. I think there is really little molding capability once the material is done, so it is more technique controlled than after the fact. I wish you the best. JG 11.11.12
- i hate my vertical lip lines but don`t want to laser them. do you have any other suggestions. i do not want to have the lines look wavy and don`t want a fatter lip so am i stuck?? Thanks!
Answer: Prevelle is a thin filler that can help short term. JG 7.20.12
- what filler can be used for vertical lip lines that won`t make the area look wavy or the lip full. i hate that fake lip look and i hate these lines but don`t want to laser. Thanks
Answer: Prevelle, Restylane Fine Line or Boletero once it is available. JG 6.13.12
- hey dr garcia! i had asked a ques about prevelle in bottom lip and it being a little hard and palpable.. this is my first time getting fillers and its been about 5 days.. am i feeling the filler material? was it injected too close to the surface/superficially? i mean it looks fine but its hard when i push down on my bottom lip i want that to be soft and natural..what can be done?
Answer: sounds like it, Prevelle is usually very soft and it is quite thin material. I think the best is to let it dissolve away and start over, maybe with a different injector as it is technique dependent. JG 5.20.12
- hey dr garcia! just had prevelle injected in my bottom lip earlier today. the pout part middle of bottom lips feel hard to touch dos this resolve with time? if so, how long? will my bf be able to feel it while kissing or is that something i dont have to worry about after letting it heal a while?
Answer: yes, it will soften up, ice for the first 24 hours and then you can apply a little moist heat, and massage with Chapstix.I doubt your bf will feel it, and kissing will not hurt it either. JG 5.17.12
- Do you recommend prevelle for fine lines under the eyes and in the festoon bad area? If not what do you recommend? Thanks so much?
Answer: I usually use Restylane for that area. JG 2.14.12
- Dr Garcia, Do you ever dilute restylane or juviderm when injecting it for lip lines? And do you ever use small amounts of botox in that area as well? thank you...
Answer: no I do not, if something more thin is needed I use Prevelle.I never use low dose Botox around the lips. JG 1.26.12
- My question regarding restylane fine line,was when will it be approved by the FDA? I was interested in having it injected into the horizontal fine lines above my upper lip. Is that what you use for that problem? Thanks as always...
Answer: we use Prevelle Silk for the very fine lines, and I am not sure if and when Restylane Fine Line will be approved in the US. Sorry. JG 1.16.12
- Hi Dr., what do you recommend as a filler for the upper lip area specifically the little smoker lines as well as some volume in that area, not looking to enhance lip size just smooth out fine lines and give some volume. It has been suggested I try laser but am very afraid of pigment discoloration. The lines are very fine but they bother me. Help!!!!
Answer: I think you need to use a relatively thin filler so it will not look lump. Prevelle is one choice, otherwise Juvederm, but not Juvederm ultra or ultra plus.Laser help, but at most for a few years is about it as what is causing the lines, loss of collagen and frequent motion of the lip muscles cannot be stopped. JG 11.6.11
- Is there any filler for small wrinkles? Also, is juvederm or juvederm plus the best and longest filler for marionette lines? Thank you
Answer: the smaller the wrinkle,s the less thick the filler can be, therefore the less tem it lasts, there is nothing good that will last along time for tiny wrinkles. If one wants, I will do Prevelle into those tiny ones. JG 9.14.11
- Dr. Garcia, Quick question about Prevelle Silk. My dermatologist says it does not last long. I had some injected in lips (like it!) and smile lines. I know you can not say exactly, but about how long do you think it should last? So far I like it as it is subtle and soft. thank you for all your great answers to our many questions.
Answer: They are correct, it does not last long, but can be used in very fine lines where the other fillers might be too bulky. As to how long it will last, the more the area moves, the less time it will last, but I would say a couple of months at most. Its a good product for certain things, but to keep it soft and subtle, you give up a little of the longer lasting effect. Best of luck. JG 8.26.11
- Lines in the upper Lip. What is the best filler to use? Upper Lip area under nose is dry,looks flaky, slightly white, have tried scrubs, eucerin crm, zinc oxide, nothing works. What do you recommend to use for this? Thanks
Answer: Prevelle or regular Juvederm. They will not last long due to frequent muscle action. Could try squalene oil for the dry skin. JG 6.5.11
- I have 2 questions. First-what can I use to diminish the lines I have above my upper lip-similiar to those that a smoker gets. Second-I got a lip wax a week ago and my the same area is sore and irritated. I have stopped using my Retin A so it won`t get more irritated. It just doesn`t seem to be getting any better and it also exagerates those lip lines I mentioned. What can I use to help with the irritation. Thanks so much.
Answer: for the upper lip lines, you can do fillers like Prevelle, you can also do lasers like a CO2 laser.In general you should stop the Retin-A for 2-3 days before and after a waxing to avoid skin burning and irritation. The skin dryness caused by the Retin-A will make the wrinkles worse in appearance, I suggest using some copper peptide creams to help the skin heal. Best of luck. JG 4.18.11
- You seem to prefer restylane over juviderm. Why? And do you ever use prevelle silk ? If so-where? Thanks as always...
Answer: I use Prevelle Silk in the fine liens around the lips, Restylane everywhere else except into the lip itself where I use Juvederm. I feel it repairs the problem in those areas best that way. JG 2.19.11
- Hello Dr. Garcia. I was wondering what filler you believe looks best in the lips? Previously, I had always used cosmoplast, but want to switch to something else.I have tried Jevederm in my smile lines, but did like the way it worked. Can you recommend a couple fillers that work well in others parts of the face. thanks for you time.
Answer: Prevelle for the lips, or Restylane. JG 9.20.10
- Hi Dr. Garcia, What do you use for fillers in the upper lip area and lower chin area? Any new products out there? Can`t find anyone using any fine line fillers in my area. Do they exist? thank you!
Answer: I use Restylane, nothing new on the horizon here in the US that will change that. Fine line fillers do exist and we use them, Restylane Fine Line, Prevelle are two. JG 9.7.09
- Has restylane fineline been approved in this country? What else is used for fine lines around the lips? thank you...
Answer: no, not yet, it likely will not as the demand is low for that type of product so I believe the company will not push it. You can use the new Elevess or Prevelle for that, both work well. JG 10.24.08
- Dr Garcia, I am considering filler for the tiny lines around my lips. Do you have an opinion as to which filler is best for this....and how long does it usually last? Thank you so much
Answer: will likley last about 2-4 months and I suggest Restylane Fine line or Juvederm, or Prevelle. JG 7.1.08
- My doctor said fine line restylane is still not FDA approved in the US. Is this true? Do you use it? I,d love to address the fine lines above upper lip- (regular restylane was too lumpy and I had juviderm injected along lip line but didn`t do much to the fine lines.) Thanks again for your wonderful service.
Answer: can try using old fashioned collagen, it wil last about the same time. Or could use Prevelle Silk, on the market in the US for the same thing. JG 5.8.08
- Abdomen (Abdominoplasty)
- Arm (Brachioplasty)
- BOTOX Cosmetic
- Breast (Mammoplasty)
- Buttocks (Gluteoplasty)
- Ear (Otoplasty)
- Eye (Blepharoplasty)
- Face Lift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facial Implants
- Laser Resurfacing
- Nose (Rhinoplasty)
- Skin Care